This is what happens when I get tired and my brain shuts down. I end up writing poetry instead of fiction or research or anything useful or productive. At least something happened, but I feel woefully remiss towards certain people who were hoping for some cheering material soon, who are also not fond of poetry.
I’m very sorry
I hope you’ll forgive
The muse slipped out
O’ my ‘mind like a sieve’
March 24, 2014
So it started with this story that had played in my head overnight, but it was too long and complex to justify writing, so in the morning when it started coalescing into a poem on me, I memorized the lines and stanzas in my head and at work, I wrangled them into something I liked. All 136 lines of it.
I sent it to lithiumlaughter who likes poetry and she blessed me with an amazing review that inspired poem #2: "Tale of Domestic Life in a Series of Coffee Cups."
Did some research for thecatisacritic before brain stopped cooperating again.
- Fiction: 0 words
- Poetry: 155 lines | 905 words
- Blog: 90 words
March 25, 2014
The idea of a poetry collection for Kingdoms and Thorn pestered me and then another poem did. I wrote it down and loved it.
I peeked inside the books of Billy Collins and got a little more inspired. There went four more small poems.
Did more research and chatting with thecatisacritic.
Tried two more poems with less than great success. I wrote "The Cup" and promptly deleted most of it. "Daughter" started out better—twice—before I gave up on it.
This evening, the mass market edition of Dowse and Bleed arrived. It's stunning and full of little fixes I need to make, but it is stunning. I love it.
- Fiction: 0 words
- Poetry: 281 lines | 538 words
- Blog: 72 words
- Fiction: 13,321 words
- Poetry: 576 lines | 2807 words
- Blog: 1109 words
Pieces Started Not Finished (2014)
- Fiction: Hear the Stars, novella.
- Nonfiction/Blog: Indie Author Guide to Genre, book/blog series.
- Poem: Untitled - You gave me a name...
- Poem: Untitled - The way riverbeds miss the water...
- Fiction/Fanfic: "Blank Verse," probably novella but not sure.
- Fiction/Fanfic: “Justice,” short story.
- Fiction: Binary's story, novella?
- Poem: "The Cup"
- Poem: Untitled - Daughter
March Completed Pieces
- Poem: "Open Hands," 12 lines | 63 words.
- Fanfic: “God Help the World,” 205 words.
- Poem: "Everything's Blood and All is Well," 16 lines | 97 words.
- Fanfic: “Perfection,” 688 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Assignment, 1267 words.
- Poem: "Wonder," 4 lines | 29 words.
- Prose Poem: “the bringing of light,” 485 words.
- Poem: “Rothnen,” 24 lines | 102 words.
- Poem: “This is the universe…” 12 lines | 80 words.
- Poem: “For Sister,” 4 lines | 36 words.
- Fanfic: "Demoralized," 204 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 198 words.
- Poem: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 8 lines | 66 words.
- Poem: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 3 lines | 7 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 125 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 201 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 2376 words.
- Poem: “Name You,” 136 lines | 795 words.
- Poem: “Tale of Domestic Life in a Series of Coffee Cups,” 19 lines | 110 words.
- Poem: “What Happened,” 44 lines | 191 words.
- Poem: “The Wild Balloon,” 9 lines | 71 words.
- Poem: “With the Tide,” 8 lines | 43 words.
- Poem: “Apologies,” 4 lines | 17 words.
- Poem: “Daughter Kiss.X Wife,” 6 lines | 27 words.