February 25, 2014
So collaboration and Invisible fics. Let's get cracking.
I think we can best sum up the 25th as an exercise in type, delete, repeat.
February 26, 2014
I added the snippet of my collaborator's to the song "Dust to Dust" by The Civil Wars and finally got somewhere, 819 words, with writing this collaboration. Yay.
Been researching for my Ficathon pieces and located a beta for my not-sure-if-I-like-it treat I did, which I edited and added 60 words to yesterday on the 25th.
February 27, 2014
Out sick. Wrote 213 words in "Remembrance" when I realized what it is I was missing in this Vardin story due to a post by P. C. Wrede.
Ordered the copies of Dowse and Bleed for my betas/readers, though I did nothing else toward launching the book. I sent off a couple long collaboration emails, slept a lot, dreaded making dinner for the family (my night), and watched The Civil Wars videos. Note: "The One That Got Away" is my new Rachelle/Justus theme song. She's the most asexual character I've ever written. She really, really IS a take it or leave it person.
Speak of the girl, she just handed me 198 words of Lovemark the Seasons and an approach to the story that I can live with. I'm going to start writing like a fangirl when it serves me. Sometimes, I forget I have a literary bent and what that means. As I've been digging into metafic and invisible fandoms and all the sort of possibilities of fiction, including a deep look at experimental and Nabakov's poem and reference novel, I realized that I am not limited by a pre-existing format or structure, unless I choose to be. As long as the final story works, go for it. I'm going to play with Lovemark. I knew when I started it that the work was experimental, so I'm going to finally really let go of my safety net and let it be experimental.
Speaking of which, I realized I haven't been trusting the process of collaboration either. I've been something of a control freak. Go figure. Not my usual thing except as it relates to something that's mine, but this is mine, just it's also someone else's. I needed to take a long look at my own strengths as a writer and my own weaknesses and cede controlling interest on the parts where I am weak. I hate writing those parts anyway, so it was past time to focus again on the parts I love and let my collaborator really shine where she's strong.
Spent five minutes setting up a Kingdoms and Thorn tumblr. Will fill in some stuff soon, but I realized it'll be a good dumping ground for stuff that's not just series bible stuff and also a great way to handle questions.
- Fiction: 1280 words
- Poetry: 0 lines | 0 words
- Blog: 580 words
- Fiction: 12,104 words
- Poetry: 97 lines | 590 words
- Blog: 4860 words
Pieces Started Not Finished
- Fiction: Hear the Stars, novella.
- Nonfiction/Blog: Indie Author Guide to Genre, book/blog series.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat.
- Poem: Untitled - You gave me a name...
- Poem: Untitled - The way riverbeds miss the water...
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Assignment.
- Fanfic: “Wholeness of Self,” 783 words.
- Poem: "Tell Me," 8 lines | 37 words.
- Poem: "Mother," 8 lines | 22 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 269 words.
- Poem: "Native," 31 lines | 232 words.
- Poem: "Moderation," 6 lines | 20 words.
- Poem: "I Should Think," 20 lines| 140 words.
- Fanfic: Invisible Ficathon Treat, 2391 words.
- Poem: "Cursor," 7 lines | 54 words.
- Poem: "Unrequited Pain," 8 lines | 29 words.