So I started this month out with a challenge to scribble in public and see where it took me. Apparently, it took me to almost 40,000 words of poetry and fiction besides blog posts and it was, to be frank, a really bad month for my discipline. So.
Heading into November, I'd like to do better, way better, and I'd really like to fill out a lot of the gaps in my work and finish some books.
- Pieter/Ashen initial meeting book — There will be coffee.
- Collaboration fic with thecatisacritic — There will be special abilities and family dynamics.
- Yuletide fics — Lithiumlaughter is helping me brainstorm on the prompted one, and I'm still mulling over Laurie. Then there's bookswaps.
I've downgraded the importance of this. It's weird. I should want, maybe even need to finish out the challenge, but I don't. I have so much raw material to turn into powerful books that readers actually want to read that I consider the challenge an unmitigated success and now want to seriously finish out all the stuff it started. So yeah. Expect books. Novelettes, novellas, and maybe novels. I've never been as fast at pulling out long fiction, but I'm going to try.
- Fiction & Poetry: 3273 words - Month to Date: 39,410 words
- Blog: 0 words - Month to Date: 9,831 words
- Nonfiction: 0 words - Month to Date: 362 words
How's your docket?