Per usual, will update throughout the day...
Stage One: Assess
So I cleared out my LJ inbox of nonreaderly things on the first page and noted to self to read through the first page sometime today—AFTER writing.
Stage Two: Work
Picking a random prompt—Ilsa in the city—and writing for five minutes. So make that ten minutes. I finally used up the title that's been bothering my muse for two months now, and I like what I got.
Taking another random prompt—kisses as distraction—and running with it. I hope the prompter forgives me, but really, this is how Justus thinks. Now anyway. So that took less than eight minutes and netted me another scene of a Unit in action. I need more with Justus' unit as somebody :cough: :cough: thecatisacritic :cough: ordered some fics with them.
Same prompt, different characters: a couple because that's easier. Red Wolf/Whisper. Wow. That went quickly and yanked on a few threads I didn't expect to deal with.
And one more random prompt—not without you—with random couple chosen: Ilsa/Hasheni. Let's see what happens. About ten minutes and wow, is this stuff NOT fluff.
Okay, reading and reviewing those ficlets. That took a little while...
Grabbing random prompt and scribbling: Justus' family + Shift, Rachelle. Oh boy, don't I pick the easy ones. Ouch.
So more back and forth with thecatisacritic (what can I say? she's the one prompting) and added the new prompt comments to my ficlet post.
Day 276. I'm at 192/365. Better... Ish.
Stage Three: Count
- Total Fiction: 2011 words - Month to Date: 3838 words
- Total Blog: 249 words - Month to Date: 968 words
365 Challenge Pieces
- 188/365 – Kingdoms and Thorn Ficlet: Linger – 310 words
- 189/365: Kingdoms and Thorn Ficlet: The Unsuspecting Suspect – 221 words
- 190/365 – Kingdoms and Thorn Ficlet: Taste of Regret – 460 words
- 191/365 – Kingdoms and Thorn Ficlet: Catalyst – 362 words
- 192/365 – Kingdoms and Thorn Ficlet: What the Emptiness Fills – 658 words
- Rose is Rose comic
- Luann comic
- thecatisacritic fic/lets
- The Passive Voice blog
- Dean Wesley Smith blog
- Kris Writes blog
- Juliette Wade worldbuilding blog